Wednesday, November 25, 2020

APRON STRINGS


 

Life's frosty chill lies over me,
Runs rampant through my veins,
No place to run that I can find,
The frigid air remains.
Sometimes I think if life could turn,
I'd have it carry me,
Back to a time when I was small
And sat on Mama's knee.
The cold wind blows across my face,
I feel it enter me,
And seek a solace found with warmth,
But find insanity.
Return me now to that safe place,
The place where life still sings,
A time in life lived long ago...
When tied to apron strings.
Sun tries to penetrate the cold,
I feel the warmth of rays,
But frigidness of life remains,
And so does this malaise.
My mind drifts back and now I see
My Mama with brown hair,
And I asleep so peacefully
While in her rocking chair.
Life won't keep my mind in past,
It puts me back in cold,
Where winds of life blow hard and fierce...
And I keep growing old.


No comments: